Friday, January 16, 2009

Reflections Journal, Week 2

This is my first reflection, I think I'm on the right path. We'll soon see.

I found this (it is number 4 on the previous entry) visual tool that breaks the constructivist view down and couples it with technology. http://hagar.up.ac.za/catts/learner/1999/nordhoff_hi/iro880/learning/construc.htm

Of all the things I sorted through, thus far, I really liked the break-down format of this document. I think it really creates a solid foundational understanding for how technology use can be enhanced by constructivism. My biggest "dispute" (loosely stated), was that it is so concise that this may be inhibiting to the average educator attempting to incorporate constructivism and technology into a classroom. The question that evolves from my "dispute" is, is a more restrictive view make the material being introduced more appealing? I took this question and started asking around. I am one of those people who prefer to have all the information, and sit down and sort it all out for myself. What I found from most of my peers is that too much information is often ignored. Most of them like to get their information spoon-fed to them. Hum. This all came from a group of grown-up's in an office, imagine what the kids want!

No comments:

Post a Comment